The average annual income for a high-school dropout in 2005 was $17,299, compared to $26,933 for a high-school graduate, a difference of $9,634.
(Source: US Bureau of Census, 2006)
Help yourself to a brighter future!
Enroll in FREE classes to earn a GED certificate, showing that you have the high school level skills and knowledge required for further education and many jobs.
Consider these facts:
- The average yearly income for a person 25 or older with a high school degree in 2014 was $19,954, compared to $27,868 for a high school graduate, a difference of $7,914.
- The GED certificate is accepted by 97% of colleges and employers.
- 60% of recent GED graduates are enrolled in college.
- Unemployment is lower for those with a high school diploma.
- GED graduates say the certificate gives them greater pride, more confidence, respect in the community – and it sets a good example for their children to finish high school.
Sources: GED Testing Service; U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2014
Start making your future brighter now!
Call Bill Raisch, Hilton Head GED Camp Coordinator, 843-671-2953
Learn more about GED Camp See what others are saying…
More than 20 million adults have earned a GED certificate.
Here are some outstanding examples:
Peter Jennings – Former Journalist; Wally Amos – Entrepreneur; Chris Rock – Comedian; Jon Huntsman, Jr. – Former Governor of Utah; Christopher Blizzard – Developer Relations Lead for Facebook; Richard Carmona – Former Surgeon General of the United States; F. Story Musgrave – Physician; Fran Lebowitz – Author; Ruth Ann Minner – Former Governor of Delaware; Dave Thomas – Entrepreneur and Philanthropist; Walter Anderson – Chairman and CEO of Parade Publications; Greg Mathis – Judge
Read more success stories at GED Testing Service.